View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 24, 2016, 01:19pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
3. No one else has brought this up yet, but per NFHS interpretation A2 also committed a FT lane violation when he fouled, so that FT is now over and A1 should have only been awarded his second FT attempt wit the lane cleared. Therefore, your crew actually awarded two unmerited FTs in the administration of this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanV21 View Post
From what I read in the rule book it was not a violation. 9-1-3 d. says "no player shall enter a marked lane space or leave a marked lane space by contacting the court outside the 36-inch by 36-inch space until the ball is released."

The player that committed the foul did not contact the court outside of his marked lane space.

And part g. of 9-1-3 says "a player occupying a marked lane space may not have either foot beyond the vertical plane of the outside edge of the lane boundary, or beyond the vertical plane of any edge of the space (2 inches by 36 inches) designated by the lane-space marks."

His feet did not leave his marked lane space.

There may be case plays that say otherwise, but looking at these rules I don't see a violation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
I'm sure that Nevadaref has something up his sleeve. I can't wait for his response. He'll probably pull something out of the 1953-54 NFHS Basketball Rules Interpretations?
I agree. I don't see a violation here. Nothing in the OP indicates that A2 ever left his FT lane spot.