View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 21, 2016, 12:52pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
I would've had a huddle with my crew before the throw-in to make sure everyone was on the same page with what could be a legal score and what could not. Especially with the person responsible for the last shot. This is the norm around here when there is .3 or less time on the clock.

So....what happened after your fit? You still have a partner on the court and some calmed down coaches. How was it handled after you came back from the locker room?
This would've saved a giant headache. Big oops indeed, but thanks for saying it.

We came back out and had OT. I got both coaches and just gave a vague, "We had a confusion about the last score and didn't think it'd change the outcome of the game." Luckily they both cut me a break and didn't ask for specifics. The OT was pretty awkward, for me. I had calmed down at that point but felt 'in the tank' and never really got out of it. Other two officials did great and ended up with a 6-point win by the away team. Home teams PG was fouled out and it hurt them.