View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 20, 2016, 08:43pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD Longhorn View Post
Corrolary question for the peanut gallery. Say it's 2 outs and 3-2 count, runner from 1st alertly steals full blast on the pitch, but runner from 2nd doesn't move. Say Runner from 2nd is a tank, horrendously slow, with two kneebraces. You are positive she would only have achieved 3rd (at best) when she is obstructed. Then after you determine this, the runner from 1st legally scores during play.

Where do you place runners, without lying and deciding after the fact that the runner from 2nd would have scored.
I have no idea how to handle this by the book. So here's what I'd make up on the field. All runners affected by obstruction are awarded the bases they would have reached if not for the obstruction. I'm giving the runner who had to go around her home and since I'm doing that I'm bringing the runner on 3rd home to score since she is forced by the award.

I think you'd have to do the same thing if you have a slow runner on first tripped up on the way to second and the rabbit like BR stretches it into a triple.