View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 11, 2016, 01:14pm
Official Forum Member

I found the reference if the team winning by one gets a T after regulation, you shoot the shots as part of the 4th quarter to determine if OT is necessary.

I can't find a T in a tie game at the end of regulation. ??????

I found the case of a T of a player dunking after a quarter and starting the next quarter with the shots.

“10.3.3 SITUATION D: Only a few seconds remain in the second quarter. Team A is advancing the ball from backcourt to frontcourt. A1 is driving toward his/her basket and is about to dunk the ball when the signal indicates the end of the first half. Shortly after the signal, A1 dunks the ball and hangs on to the rim. RULING: A1 is assessed a technical foul for dunking a dead ball. The foul is also charged indirectly to the head coach and results in the loss of coaching-box privileges since A1 is considered bench personnel. The third quarter begins with Team B being awarded two free throws and the ball at the division line. The alternating-possession arrow is not affected and remains unchanged. (4-34-2; 5-6-2 Exception 4)”

Would this apply to a tied game going into OT? Or is there a rule reference I am missing?