View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 11, 2016, 02:21am
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
Not true.

If the non-administering official was not aware that the partner provided incorrect information to the players and knew that it was a 1&1 situation, this official would have correctly chopped in time.

Also, if the official fails to properly chop for the clock to start the timer is authorized BY RULE to start the clock.

Either way the NFHS rules do not allow you to restore any time here as there was no timing error. There was an information error.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
Case Book play 8.6.1

Nevada:

I agree with you up to the point about the time that should be on the clock when the AP Throw-in is taken. It is my opinion that 2.9 seconds should be on the clock.

That said, it is after 02:15amEST and is way past my bedtime. I stayed up with my "better half" to watch a movie that started at 11:00pm and ended at 02:00am. I did not want to stay up late and watch the movie but I did watched the movie with her because I did not want to her stay up alone. Instead she fell asleep 20 minutes into the movie and I stayed up to the bitter end, .

Junior and I have a game at 05:00pmEST and I need my beauty sleep. So good night all.

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio