View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 08, 2016, 03:30am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizanno View Post
At end of reg, R asked by table "do we clear the fouls?". R says no. Table says "really?". Self-doubt crept in, so R asked partners. Partners said no, but one of them said WNBA does. Now all three have doubt. They overthink the new quarter rule and clear the fouls. When the first foul of the OT occurs, R realizes they made a mistake, but didn't correct. Knew suspension was coming.
Ugh. I feel horrible for them. Watched the video and after the first foul in the OT I kept thinking (out loud), "You can still get it right! You can still get it right!" Did R say why he just didn't correct it after the next foul since he realized what happened? I know it wouldn't have looked good to mess up the 1st play and then change on the 2nd but at least it would have minimized the damage.

As lurker mentioned, I'm somewhat but not completely shocked the NAU coaching staff didn't realize something was wrong. That's why all those assistants sit there (I know, not their responsibility to get the rule right).
"The NCAA created this mess, so let them live with it." (JRutledge)