View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 06, 2016, 04:51pm
Official Forum Member

Would you have a foul?

I will try to describe the situation completely (and for some, ensure I use proper rule book terminology).

Middle of the 2nd quarter, I am T (two person) table side. A1 executes a two-handed overhead pass to A2 on the other side of the court. B1 is closing in on A1 and, after the pass is in the air about half-way to A2, the hands of A1 and B1 make contact. Neither A1 or B1 are displaced in any way, the pass was cleanly released and cleanly caught by A2 (even though she quickly dribbled it off her foot and it went OOB).

I heard the "clap" of the hands and the coach standing there had a kitten when I passed. I didn't say anything to him but could not help thinking "Where is the sequence of events did anyone gain an advantage or get disadvantaged."

At the time (if it matters to anyone...I didn't matter to me) it was a three point game. The only reason I know is that I am trying to get into the habit of glancing at the scoreboard periodically to be more aware of the time, foul count (for bonus), etc. Team B ended up winning by double digits.