View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 06, 2016, 04:20pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by letemplay View Post
"COULD" a delay of game T be called prior to warning in this sitch:

Following basket by B, B5 gets ball out of net and acts as if he's looking for ref, while at same time drifting back upcourt with ball, clearly (whether intentional or not is only known to him I suppose) delaying action to allow his team a press set up. Team A has player on baseline for throw in and other players in immediate position to field inbounds pass, but a few seconds at least are used by B5's actions. After getting to about 3 point line, he finally throws it half across court to baseline official, who passes it over to A1 to make inbound pass. While this definitely deserves a delay WARNING, could a T be called?
Quote:
Originally Posted by letemplay View Post
I don't think I changed anything from OP. I just wanted to know straight up was it within the rules to go to a T, bypassing the DOG. Yes, I thought further explanation was due after seeing a few comments and so I posted the play as I saw it last night, but more so for the benefit of seeing why the OP. To me, whether or not the trailing coach has any time outs left is irrelevant (he surely would have used one if he had one).
The time left in the game is relevant as you can see from some of the rule citations that have followed.