View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 06, 2016, 10:44am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaTerp View Post
First and foremost the coach's actions have absolutely no place in a basketball game at any level, let alone a scholastic environment. He deserves whatever negative consequences come about as a result.

From on officiating perspective I agree with much of the above. I understand the sentiment of having your partner's back but I think the Trail should have given the Lead another second or two to handle the situation himself.

And when he comes in with the T he does so rather aggressively while stepping toward the coach. I don't think its fair to characterize it as "extreme anger/emotion" as another poster stated but I do think its fair to suggest that its not a good practice to issue a T in such a manner in this situation.

A sad situation for HS basketball as a direct result of the coach's inability to control himself but hopefully a learning experience for all.
right. see my previous post and reply to BigT.

but take the coaches 2nd actions towards the Trail out of the case. do you still think he did so "aggressively"?
i can't say he did anything wrong here, but will say he could've easily called the T from where he stood initially.