View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 06, 2016, 10:21am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnolan View Post
Thanks! This is a much better video (for officials to learn from) as you state in your next post.

I agree with most here, that:
A) more than likely should have been a block call based on the secondary defenders' timing of LGP
B) C could probably make this call, but not from where he appeared to be in the video. maybe it's just the video, but it looks like he's a mile away! and instead of closing down, he tilts his head a little bit and never moves. so IMO, Lead has the better look here as center didn't put himself into position to make this call. at first i was afraid there would be a no call!
C) obviously, the coaches actions (contact or none) are ridiculously unacceptable

So here's more of my take on the sitch after seeing this entire thing play out....
IMO, I hate the knock the guy but....I know that Trail is just trying to help out, but I'm sorry. He needs to let the Lead live with his call and deal with an irate coach himself. Lead sold his call hard, so I can only assume that he 100% believed he was right. When the coach comes well out of his box to argue the call, and by book, warrants a T just for that, maybe after the Lead reports, he can calm him down back into his box and we can continue playing ball. In that situation, it depends on what he says exactly...but 99% of the time, I'm going to T him up as well. And maybe the Lead should have T'd him up quicker, and the Trail would not of had to get involved. Either way, I don't think this is the Trail's fight to enter.

With that being said, I'm still not sure if contact was made. And it's obvious that regardless of whether it was or not, the action of "chest/head pumping" or "faking" towards an official is an immediate ejection, for a player or coach. And then the coach waves his arm after the official falls down, as if to say, "pffft, i barely even touched you or didn't touch him at all, whatever" sort of gesture. completely uncalled for. I hope as many coaches see this video as officials and take some time to realize that they really need to be professional at all times.
For the officials sake, I hope that no contact was made and I hope that he is okay.
Is it just me or if a coach comes that far out on the court and almost runs into my partner with all of that anger and is processing (horrible?) a call I cant whack the coach because its his job too and not mine. Are we a team? Its not even border line that is an automatic by someone on the crew right?