View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 31, 2015, 12:41am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad View Post
Probably could've called two jumps balls or a violation for excessive swinging of elbows. I'm pretty quick on jumps balls at this level when stupid stuff is liable to happen if you let it go. Again, could've called a violation also. Waiting was probably a mistake.

If it gets to an elbow in the face. Someone is probably sitting for the night.
Umm, no. As someone else mentioned you don't make stuff up just for the sake of expediency.

Better option, since that's what took place. The whistle, hopefully, stops the swinging and keeps other players from getting close to the BH/D.

After the L mistakenly called the T - or even if he hadn't called a T - it would've been a good idea for both officials to get together and talk about what just happened. In an ideal world that allows them to make the proper ruling (maybe the T says, "Hey, that can't be a technical foul because it was a live ball."). His initial signal should have been a PC foul and then go up from there after a chat with his partner.

As for White #34, I'm in favor of a T because she was clapping towards the offending team. That's taunting. If she's walking away from the incident I say leave it alone. At any rate, that would've been something else for the officials to discuss when/if they got together.
"The NCAA created this mess, so let them live with it." (JRutledge)