View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 30, 2015, 04:33pm
Stubborn Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by so cal lurker View Post
It has nothing to do with "teaching" them. As in the OP, many may well know but worry about other things -- coach behaved perfectly appropriately when told it needed to be fixed. But do you expect a defender to not use an illegal arm bar when one is applied to him each time down the court? Do you expect a player to not go into the lane early when the ref is not calling it when the other team does? Players and coaches adjust to what is enforced. If the referees in the area choose not to enforce a rule, why should the coach spend his time worrying about unilaterally complying with that instead of the myriad other things he has to think about? As soon as refs in an area enforce with a modicum of consistency, the problem goes away completely.
They know the rule. If they simply comply with it then they will never have to worry about who enforces it or who doesn't.

I understand what you're saying but I'll be damned if I'm going to feel bad for them when I enforce a rule they do or at least should know.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk