View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 30, 2015, 06:06am
Official Forum Member

Great vengeance and furious anger...

...from a state association regarding uniform rules:

Quote:
I would ask the rules interpreters...to please share this with all of the assignors...and ask them, no tell them that they need to send an email to all...officials (reminding them that our state association) compels the officials to enforce all of the rules, not just some, especially the uniform rule and the coaches' box rule. We covered these rules extensively as we went around the state and we made it very clear that the rules are to be administrated as we explained.

I am close to sending a note to all 70 or more basketball observers telling them to get the name(s) of any officials (who do not) enforce all of the rules and that I will make a decision that may impact their use in state tournament games.

This is a sad, very sad commentary about the basketball officials in (our state that our association) may have to take these kinds of measures. However, I will do what I have to do.

As for school(s) that will not put the coaches box down on their courts, both team's coaches have to remain seated for the entire game. Tell them that right from the beginning of every game, freshman, jv, and varsity. Let the AD and coach figure it out.
And we're only a few weeks into the season. I edited for grammar as much as I could but the sentiment wasn't lost.
"The NCAA created this mess, so let them live with it." (JRutledge)