View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 30, 2015, 12:44am
AremRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny d View Post
Good get. A few suggestions. One solid strong whistle, rather than two tweets. Don't be married to the sideline as C. Move onto the court some and then close in on play after whistle, rather than walk away from the play. Also, your signaling mechanic needs work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deecee View Post
Good call. Generally speaking if the screener keeps the defender on his back when he rolls then its good. If the screener turns into the defender and the defender is now in front of him its no good.

Also you don't have to close in on this, nor do you need to get off the sideline as C. You move off the sideline if all 10 players (or maybe 8) are on the other side of the court. For the most part you won't have to. You also don't have to close in on this type of play. You did fine. Blew the whistle (1 solid whistle is preferred) made the call and go back to being the C.
Thanks for your advice guys! I personally like a couple of tweets on offensive fouls, especially ones like this that may not be super obvious. I think it helps sell the call.

johnny d, I would agree with your comments under other circumstances but I don't think this is a play where I should have been on the court more at Slot or closed down to the play. It's a run-of-the-mill illegal screen. If it were a harder screen and bodies were on the floor then I would certainly close down but didn't feel a big reaction was necessary for a small play. I don't see how I am walking away from the play, I am walking past it to go report. I do agree that my signalling mechanic needs work, I didn't like when I was pointing one way and pointing back at the player who fouled at the same time.