Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Ump20
[QUOTE]Originally posted by bob jenkins
Quote:
Originally posted by Ump20
Quote:
Originally posted by mikek
Rule clarification:

I told the pitcher who had considerably accelerated his delivery (but did pitch from the windup position) that this was a Quick Pitch
You were wrong. There's nothing against speeding up (or slowing down) the delivery.

And, a Quick Pitch is specifically defined as (something like) "Pitching before the batter is ready" -- it has nothing to do with the runner or with the pitcher's specific motion.

I think you will see that I am aware that the pitcher can speed up his delivery. I should have been more specific that I thought the batter was not ready. Perhaps I need some clarrification on a batter being Ready. I thought Freix gave some good suggestions on this play. My partner, a pretty good college ump, told me again that I got the call right. I guess I am not 100% convinced that I did and more importantly I am looking for some tips from other guys what to look for in order to be better prepared NEXT TIME - Jim