Thread: not a fan...
View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 24, 2015, 09:45am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutantducky View Post
sometimes when i watch the big time games the playing has been very good. For the most part the cal vs virgina game was at a high level for example. But i've seen some mid-range to lower div 1 games this year where the playing has just been poor and the problem is this ncaa directive about cleaning up movement and cutting back on physical play. I just don't see any consistency and as a fan it is making potentially good basketball turn into a war of attrition with teams going away from any aggression on d. Basketball should be entertaining and good for the fans. Players are upset, fans are upset. Teams going into bonus fts with more than 10 minutes left. Players committing unneeded rebound fouls when there's no chance to get the ball. A defensive player has position, gets the rebound, then you can just don't make unneeded contact from behind. A lack of flow, off ball fouls being called and the tv people are showing the replay and they can't understand why a player would commit a foul away from the ball. Offensive player makes drive, there may be contact. It is now illegal contact. Why do you have to commit a foul just when you know a foul will be called on this automatic contact? Why can't players learn to play d? You can't use your hands, guy gets passed you, teammate goes to help and offensive player makes a bit of contact into the d. Whistle on defensive player. I was rooting for a team and there was a player who had 12 fts because of that and even i was thinking half of them were bad plays that didn't need to be made. The big game players don't commit a lot of that. I learned that early on that the refs are required to blow your whistle everytime there is this type of contact and i don't get why players at the ncaa div 1 level hasn't learned that and in part i blame the ncaa with all the new rules. Games should not be a chore to watch and that's what it is turning into for too many games.
fify