View Single Post
Old Mon Dec 14, 2015, 05:07pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODog View Post
Exactly. Which is why you readminister. NOBODY will have an issue with this.

In this scenario, in my game, there is another shot coming. Whether it's the first or second simply depends on whether she made it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Welpe View Post
Technically there is no rule basis to award a "replacement" free throw in this situation. Game activity occurring before the officials are notified of the disqualification should all stand unless it is a CE, which this is not. That said, the horn sounding during the throwing motion is not part and parcel to a free throw attempt. I could see awarding another shot in this situation because of that but I think you're stretching the rules a bit. Now if the shot is missed without a horn during the throwing motion, I think you have to let the shot stand.
My sense of fairness says that if it's missed, she should get another shot, however my knowledge of the rules says that might not be so easy. Even if no one takes issue (which they might), that doesn't make it correct. Is there any argument to make that this could be considered disconcerting? I don't have my rule book with me, but is disconcertion defined as an act done by a player?