Thread: Oops
View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 11, 2015, 11:23am
High Five Master

Actually no, the assn does not indicate anything regarding # of games on Arbiter. Also don't allow us to block partners or schools in system either. I'm a very small fish in that pond and would prefer it work a little more efficiently but I don't get to make that call. I don't know that it matters but our assn is 190 officials for like 90 schools with all levels (JH, fresh, JV, V) and I don't know for sure if schools relay fifth quarters to our assignor. My view is that most of the time, it's added that night after both coaches agree. I'm already there, we get paid for it and most of time, it's running clock for kids who would not normally get much court time. Doesn't really bother me that much. I just adjust on the fly and get er done. My OP was just relaying a game that will make a funny story for me. It was annoying at the time but overall is it really a big deal to have every single minuscule detail spelled out before a game?

I just always assume a doubleheader but adding a quarter every once in a while is no big deal to me. My assumption last night backfired. I thought the B game was being shortened when it was just the opposite.

I wish I had a cool signature