View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 10, 2015, 02:56pm
Official Forum Member

7.5.7 SitB reads.....

Team A scores a field goal. B1 picks up the ball after the made basket, then proceeds out of bounds to start the throw-in process. B1 runs along the end line out of bounds while attempting to find an open teammate for the throw-in. Immediately after B1 releases the throw-in pass, (a) the ball is kicked by A2 near the end line; (b) the ball is kicked by A2 near the division line;

Ruling in (a) and (b), A2 violated by kicking the ball. In (a) team B will be awarded a throw-in and retain the right to run the end line on the ensuing throw-in. In (b), Team B will put the ball in play at the designated spot nearest the violation.

A violation near the end line will maintain the ability to run the baseline.

7.5.7 Sit C Reads.....

Team B has scored a field goal and A 2 has the ball along the end line for a throw-in. Team A is not in the bonus. Prior to the ball being thrown inbounds by A1: (a) B1 fouls A2 near A1; (b) B1 fouls A2 at the division line

Ruling: In (a) Team A may throw-in from anywhere out of bounds along the end line following the foul reporting. In (b) the ball will be given to Team A for a throw-in from the spot out of bounds nearest to where the foul occurred.

Can someone point me to the place in the rulebook where it states that an intentional foul supersedes these? I am always wanting to learn and improve and appreciate what this forum has done for my officiating.