View Single Post
Old Thu Jul 31, 2003, 01:59am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by oppool
Have not seen an umpire yet address wearing of the uniform correctly. Every team I have seen has had several players with the shirts out. If we are not going to enforce it at NATIONALS why bother with it at local and regionals...
I hate being the fashion police. I understand the reason (at least for the batter), but, still, I don't like it. In Championship play, I enforce the rule, but not otherwise.

Quote:
Then why should we enforce the girls to properly wear uniforms when I noticed at least 2 PU in the last games wearing base pants doing plate and 1 BU wearing plate pants. Also notice some umps using the blue ball bags and some wearing gray
Nothing bugs me more than umpires out of uniform - and little things like a gray ball bag is being out of uniform. If you can't afford a new ball bag, don't do the game! As to the base/plate pants - do you know what the changing facilities were, and whether the umpires had time & privacy to change pants? Changing in front of fellow Blues (even mixed gender) is no big deal, but changing in view of fans & players is another matter.

Quote:
Worst Call: caught 3rd strike foul tip. Umpire says it is just a foul ball batter still up with 2 strikes. Coach argues for a few seconds and gaves up.....
Inexcusable anywhere - x10 at Nationals!