View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 09, 2015, 11:42am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballref3966 View Post
You stated in your original post that you didn't think L is supposed to signal touchdown on a good 3 in 2-man.

That is not correct for NFHS mechanics, your partner was right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bas2456 View Post
Not what I stated. I wrote what I had been taught.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballref3966 View Post
And what you've been taught is not correct under NFHS mechanics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AremRed View Post
Have you read and/or do you follow the NFHS mechanics manual sir?
In our state we do not use pure NF Mechanics. As a matter of fact we do not even give out that book for review. We use most things the NF does, but we have many little modifications because the NF has been slow to change or to adjust to things that have caused problems. Basketball honestly is the sport we use things closest to the NF, but other sports like football and baseball had some totally different philosophies on many things and I know a big reason we stopped using the NF Mechanics in general.

For example in our state we are to never bounce the ball on the end line under any circumstances. That is not the NF Mechanic from my understanding and has not been that case for a long time.

So no, he would not have read the NF Mechanics unless he bought the book himself and it might not apply to what we do in the IHSA in certain situations. My understanding we use most of those mechanics, but in this case we do not have only the Trail giving a good 3 point shot if the shot came from the L.

Peace