View Single Post
Old Sun Nov 29, 2015, 03:38pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Is This Relevant ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refhoop View Post
And the possession arrow stays pointed toward the team that you incorrectly gave the ball to - so they get the next throw-in also.
6.4.1 SITUATION D: It is Team B’s turn for the next throw-in under the alternating-
possession procedure. By mistake, Team A is given that throw-in. Team A
(a) commits a throw-in violation, or (b) releases the ball on the alternating-possession
throw-in, but before the ball is legally touched inbounds, Team A or Team
B commits a foul. RULING: Once the throw-in ends – it is too late to change anything.
In (a), the throw-in ends when Team A violates and results in a throw-in for
Team B as well as the arrow for the next alternating possession. In (b), the alternating-
possession throw-in did not end when the foul occurred. Therefore, the
alternating-possession mistake is corrected and the arrow now favors Team B; penalize the foul appropriately. (4-42-5; ; 6-4-4; 6-4-5)

So the team that mistakenly got the throwin on an alternating possession throwin will not get the next arrow?

Am I on the right track?

More simply:

6.4.1 SITUATION: It is Team B’s turn for the next throw-in under the alternating possession procedure. By mistake, Team A is given that throwin. Team A completes the throwin pass and scores. During the dead ball after the made field goal, Coach B questions the officials about the mistaken throwin, and the direction of the next arrow. Who should get that next possession arrow?

I say Team B.

Do I win a cigar?
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sun Nov 29, 2015 at 03:54pm.