View Single Post
Old Sat Nov 28, 2015, 03:55pm
Esteemed Forum Member

When In Rome ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad View Post
The topic is just something I would never let someone publish. While it may be something an individual finds important to them, it's going to spit in the face of anyone who isn't on board. In most demographics it's never going to sit well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
... this is a local, "When in Rome ...", issue ,,,
"All politics is local" (Speaker of the U.S. House Tip O'Neill, 1982)

Although I've recently had an article published in the IAABO Sportorial, this article, Four's Company, is only for my local board. Since a recent change in our rating system, we have many officials who think that they can just show up, work their game, and leave. That my be 100% alright for many Forum members, but it's not alright here in my little corner of Connecticut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Board 2015-16 Member Expectations Policy, “Varsity members arrive early to observe subvarsity officials and subvarsity officials remain to observe varsity officials”.
This article is just a friendly reminder to our local officials that includes a rationale for our policy.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sat Nov 28, 2015 at 04:02pm.