View Single Post
Old Wed Nov 18, 2015, 10:51pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomerSooner View Post
I agree with all of the comments here. The thing I find interesting (and the biggest reason I posted the scenarios) is that just about every where I've worked or watched games, the mentality about this is the same despite the rule book suggesting we should be enforcing this differently.

I am wondering if I'm missing something though based on CrossCountry's response. He said he wouldn't have a T in any of my scenarios, but I was asking whether or not any of those actions would cause the coach to lose the opportunity to use the box. If we followed super-strict adherence to the rule and determined the coach lost the coaching box for one of the actions I described, wouldn't we just notify him/her that he/she can no longer use the coaching box. Then if he/she returned to the box after the notification, a technical would be given at that time? Am I accurate or does any action that causes the coach to lose the box also require a technical foul.
If the coach begins the contest with the coaching box privilege, then the only way to lose it is due to a technical foul (whether direct or indirect).

My only quibble with the Iowa regulations for the coaching box is the one stating that the coach may not kneel. There is no rules support for that.