View Single Post
Old Sat Nov 14, 2015, 03:37am
Administrator

Pre-Game Technical Fouls

It is late and I getting senile in my old age. And we have discussed this play in the past and I am pretty sure there is either a NFHS Casebook Play or a NFHS Pre-Season Rules Interpretation that covers it (and some of us here on the Forum consider the CB Ruling/Pre-Season Rules Interpretation is incorrect). None-the-less, here is the Play as I remember it:

PLAY: With 8:00 on the game clock prior to the start of the game, Team A adds a Player to its Roster. With 5:00 on the game clock prior to the start of the game, Team B adds a Player to its Roster.

RULING: Each team is assessed an Administrative TF. The TFs, which constitute a FDF, are to be considered to have occurred simultaneously and there for no FTs are attempted by either team, and the game is started with a Jump Ball at Center Court.

There are some of us that believe that the RULING is not supported by Rule. We take the position that, yes the TFs are a FDF but did not occur simultaneously and therefore, each TF carries it own penalty and FTs are attempted for each TF in the order in which the TFs occurred, with the Ball put into Play is if the last FTs for the second TF is the only Foul that occurred.

That said, I cannot remember either the NFHS CB Play or in what year the NFHS Pre-Season Rules Interpretation the Play occurred.

Hopefully, one of the young guns on the Forum will do my work for me.

Thanks.

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio