View Single Post
Old Fri Nov 13, 2015, 10:06am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AremRed View Post
Had a really bad coach the other night. Could have got him for ABS multiple times but my veteran partner said he was gonna take care of him (he didn't). This coach whined about EVERYTHING. At one point this coach was whining about my partner not granting the other coach a timeout during a dead ball. Partner didn't see/hear coach but it didn't matter cuz I came tableside and granted the timeout like 15 seconds later.

This dude would not shut up. I was U2 and working with two 20-year plus vets so I didn't think it was my place to have a "come to Jesus" talk with this guy. I ended up warning both coaches at the same time in the 4th quarter when they were both yapping at me when I came tableside to report a foul.

Last tech I actually called was last week during men's league. I was Trail and had ball handler in my area and had an off-ball foul where an offensive player was trying to cut and the defender impeded him. They tangled up and both fell to the floor. The defender got up first and stood over the other guy and taunted him. Probably should have pitched him but it turns out the league has a 1 tech = disqualification policy. Yay.
I have a great chance at my first 3 man HS game this year. My question is how long does it take to become comfortable calling a T when you have 2 vets who really arent taking care of misbehaving coaches?