View Single Post
Old Sun Nov 08, 2015, 01:10am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
The caseplay he was discussing at first was the one about the throw-in. That is the one I was discussing. But again, what did that have to do with my comment you quoted? The comment you keep quoting actually applies across the board. You cannot have Team Control until a player has control of the ball. That is basic in the rule. Not partial to a throw-in situation.

Here is an example:

A1 has the ball in Team A's FC. A1 passes a ball to A2, which is stolen and possessesd by B1 who then dribbles the ball. A3 knocks the ball away from B1 off of B1's leg. As the ball rolls away from B1, A3 hits the ball into Team A's BC, first touching the ball in their FC and then again in their BC where A3 gets possession of the basketball.

There is no BC violation as Team A or A3 never got player control of the ball until the ball was in their FC despite touching the basketball.

So until you have PC you do not have TC. Unless you can show me some rule that contradicts that, I will be waiting (well not really).

Peace
Rut, it's really simple. Once Team A establishes true TC in the BC, they retain control until Team B secures control. So, the pass to the FC that touches a Team A player would establish TC in the FC, even if that player does not gain control. It's not that difficult to understand, and that's what the rule is.

I really don't understand what you don't get. You disagreed with an official NFHS case play that doesn't contradict the rules, and that's why were are having this debate. It doesn't make sense for you to keep acting like that's not the case. Likewise, it doesn't really make sense that we're having this argument either.