Thread: Disconcertlon
View Single Post
Old Wed Oct 28, 2015, 04:29pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to BoomerSooner
On topic, but different twist...has anyone ever called or considered calling disconcertion on the opposing coach for loudly calling for a timeout after the ball is at the disposal of the shooter?

I came close one time when the shooter was half way through his pre-shot routine (couple of bounces, hold the ball for a second and one more bounce before shooting) and the coach started yelling for a time out. The catch was that it distracted the shooter enough that he felt that he needed to restart his routine. He stopped, looked at the coach, looked at me and when he realized we weren't stopping play, he restarted his routine. In my opinion, the coach wasn't trying to disconcert him, but he had done so nonetheless. My 10 second count might have been interrupted or slowed by the whole ordeal, but I still came close. Had I made it to 10 or the shooter missed, I was prepared to call disconcertion. Irony is that we would have been able to grant the time out at that point.