View Single Post
Old Mon Sep 14, 2015, 12:42pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
Isn't this what I said?

You have to get the "11" signal from the R/U and then you count the backs.

In NCAA rules, you don't bother with looking for that signal -- you just count the backs.

It's not the mechanics that I care about, though. Anyone who's ever had 10 run out on a punt and have 6 on the line and had to throw a IF flag for no good reason wishes the rule was written like the NCAA rule was written.
I really do not know what you are saying or trying to suggest is hard. The wings in my world do not do a count of all players on offense unless some crews insist on having the count from their sideline's team. But that is rare.

And if you do not worry about a signal, OK. I guess. Again not something I worry about or have to worry about on my crews at either level.

Again such a rare situation to even deal with, but I guess someone has to worry about something while we officiate. Just not something I worry about. I am indifferent either way. It does not need to be changed because some college guys do not like the rule. That is poor reasoning as I have not heard major complaining by anyone for this rule but a few college officials.

Peace