View Single Post
Old Thu Aug 20, 2015, 04:49pm
Call it as I see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota View Post
If the reports are accurate, what he did was not gamesmanship in the context of LL tournament rules.

It is specifically against the rules to intentionally lose in order to cause a certain outcome in the pool play format. It is interesting that you point out that he did not have them intentionally striking out, while reports are he had his players bunt with two strikes, he had his players leave base early, etc. Clearly, those actions are more than using unskilled players (which he also did, and which is legal).

AFAIK, none of what he did would be illegal in any ASA tournament, but it was illegal in LL.
Defensively they threw a no hitter the main thing they did was just try and bunt every pitch. I see coaches some top teams try and bunt with 2 strike not illegal.

As for leaving bases early on purpose I have not heard that.

But he still played the game by the rules set forth to his teams advantage that is all that matters to me.

In todays overly PC world glad to see this.