View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 29, 2000, 04:35pm
Do not give a damn!!

Lightbulb No.

That would be fine and dandy if we were under the same rules. There is a big separation between NCAA mechanics, rules and practices compared to NF mechanics, rules and practices. We are only allowed to really follow Nichols to a point, because this year the National Federation has made it a point of emphisis to use only NF mechanics. Even in our state officials were told to only use these NF mechanics because it might go against us for playoff consideration.

Having said all that, I would still never recommend that an official in the United States of America, to stick around and go back to the table. If I had used your logic in a JV Tournament game I did this past week, I would have had to fight a coach. Because he was not happy with a call I made and tried to tell me about it after I was almost off the court. Granted, I was not worried about my safety or anything like that, but why put myself in a situation that nothing was going to change as a result of what he said. And the confrontation might have had me say something that could have been easily misinterpreted and me writing him up. And then the state would have asked me, "why in the world did you stick around" like my assignor would have said too.

Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Devana
Hi Rut ,
I realize Nichols only supervises the NCAA Men- I also know that the Ladies rules are different. I began my career in 1960 trained by U.S. clinicians from Maryland under the IAABO organization which I was a member of for over 20 years. Iam sorry that I didn't realize that I have been talking with NF officials. I have never reffed those rules. However if any of you want to progress to the higher levels you will have to follow the dictates of people in Nichols position so you might as well pay attention to him now.
Have a productive New Year
YIBB