View Single Post
Old Sun Jun 07, 2015, 07:44pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
Square up to the ball handler when you're ready to take it. When you give it up, turn your stance away from the ball handler.
Agree, and sometimes it's as simple as noting where your partner's eye contact is. Bottom line = you MUST pre-game this. It's a critical part of crew communication.

If I'm leading the pre-game, I'm going to tell you that if the ball swings from T's primary to C's primary and it's obviously in C's area (like deep, i.e. not in a gray area), that unless I'm finishing a count, I'm going to look inside and trust that you've got it. My focus at that point becomes the penetration of the ball and keeping an eye on whether or not L has closed down and/or started to rotate. BUT....if I'm giving it up and it is kind of in the gray area, I'm going to peek at you (in C) to see where you're looking.

Same goes for the reverse situation with a small twist. If I'm on-ball in C and giving it up to T, if it's obvious and I don't have a count, I'm trusting that you have it and I'm finding the closest matchup to officiate. I'm also checking to see if L came over, but if he did, unless the offense didn't completely reset, I'm in no hurry to back out. Might as well stay and officiate; there might be curl play I can check out, or I'll have a great open look at a drive from the weak side.

Did I mention this absolutely must be pre-gamed?