View Single Post
Old Fri May 29, 2015, 12:36pm
Official Forum Member

I don't know where you're at in your career or what your aspirations are. With that said, the only summer games I work are camp or games assigned by an actual coordinator of officials (or a well-respected confidant of an actual coordinator of officials).

I doubt the guy you encountered meets this requirement. You learned that he is unorganized, unprofessional, and rude.

If this happened to me, I'd go home and look at how many more games this summer I have assigned by him. If it's a small amount, I'd probably finish the season out and try not to ruffle any feathers (especially since you have just moved to the area). I would block all other dates and decline any future assignments from him. If I have more than a handful of games, I'm turning them all back and asking to be removed from his group outright. Again, it depends on your aspirations and the local politics, but I don't see much good from working these games.

If you are new to the area, you need to find the assignor for the level you are qualified to work. Whether it is high school, small college, etc. find the assignor and ask what you have to do to get on staff. Work those games and get seen by the right people. The guy you encountered, I can assure you, is not the right person.