View Single Post
Old Mon May 18, 2015, 06:23am
Esteemed Forum Member

Psychological Perspective ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
Nothing that interferes with the follow through after the release affects the shot.
Physics would support your conclusion 100%. But from a psychological perspective, the shooter being slightly bumped into, and slightly displaced, while in a vulnerable follow through position, could have a detrimental effect on the shooter's accuracy in subsequent shots during the rest of the game. It's called a "free" throw for a reason.

I like the restriction (free throw line for both teams). There must have been a reason why the NFHS had it in the rulebook the last time the NFHS allowed movement on the "release".

Did the NFHS just "forget" to include this (free throw line) restriction, or did they intentionally decide to exclude it from the new (old) rule?

Why did a basketball official training organization, IAABO, unilaterally take on the role of the NFHS and "make up" rules?
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)