View Single Post
Old Fri May 15, 2015, 08:47am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatteryPowered View Post
I'm with you on these. For some reason I have problems when trying to remember both numbers. I got tired of having to go to the table and make the correction...besides, it makes you look bad to EVERYONE in the gym. I don't really care about the fans personally, but if they start getting on the entire crew because I have a brain f@rt it may rattle a less experienced partner. I also don't want to just hand a coach more to complain about. I heard a HC at a very powerful program in our area make the comment along the lines of "I was thinking about suggesting to X (our assigner) that he should get better games but he seems to make a lot small mistakes during a game. He gets calls right, but I don't want to risk him getting rattled in a big game."

If one person is thinking about it, you never know who else is in the gym checking you out. I would much rather get dinged in a camp than get hurt with the guy that actually assigns me games.
I always tell me partner that number x is our shooter. Then double check the back of the foulers jersy before going to the table and reporting the foul on Y.

THis way I don't have to think about both numbers and if there is a timeout or confusion then at least two officials know/should be able to remember who was supposed to be on the line.

Me: Thanks, but why the big rush.

Coach: Oh I thought you must have a big date . . .we're not the only ones your planning on F$%&ing tonite are we!