View Single Post
Old Thu May 14, 2015, 04:49pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Been There, Done That ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bainsey View Post
... reporting the wrong number (shooter's number) to the table.
A few decades ago, our interpreter encouraged us to remember both the fouler's number, and the foulee's number, when charging, and reporting a foul.

I guess that the neuron synapses in my brain just don't have that ability to process something like that. After mixing up the two numbers on the way to the reporting area several times, I just gave up after a few games, and I have never tried it again.

I pregame with my partner that I will point to the shooter (foulee) if there could be a question, I may even know what he looks like, but I won't know his number.

There's another, related, problem that I have. When we have a double whistle for a foul, once I'm pretty sure that my partner is going to take the call, I immediately concentrate on the shooter (foulee), and if a split second later, my partner decides to let me take the call, I am usually at a loss to remember the fouler's number. I'll have the foulee, but not the fouler.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Fri May 15, 2015 at 06:04am.