View Single Post
Old Mon May 11, 2015, 04:33pm
Esteemed Forum Member

It's Not Only About The Money ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
... that it will make some "illegal" plays more or less likely to be caught against him or his opponents. Some coaches design plays to set marginal screens away from the officials knowing they will not likely be caught in 2-person. With 3-person, he'll have to take some of those out of his playbook for league play ...
This is a big part of why 99% of the scholastic games in my little corner of Connecticut are two person games. Our most successful, veteran, coaches are very defensively oriented; in your face man to man defense, full court defense, half court traps, etc. These coaches are also the leaders of the state coaches organization, an organization that holds a lot of power over the state athletic governing body, especially in the sport of basketball.

As long as these veteran coaches keep coaching, and keep winning, we won't see an increase in three person games. It's not quite as bad in other parts of Connecticut, but, as a state, we're still stuck in the twentieth century, and way behind the rest of the country.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)