View Single Post
Old Mon May 11, 2015, 02:25pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota View Post
Well, count me as among those who considered a reported sub to be official when it has been reported to the PU and recorded on his lineup.

But, going back to read a rule is sometimes a good thing!

Anyway, it also does say the sub should be reported "immediately." The wording is curious because it implies a case where the sub is never announced, but does it also imply a 2-step process: 1) report to the PU, and 2) PU announces.

I keep thinking that I am over-thinking...
I think the rule is written curiously because it covers all possible situations: a change where the PU does his job and announces to the opponent (at which point the change is official) AND when the PU brain-farts on announcing the change (sub NOT official until PU points the ball back into play).

On a side note, I am not a baseball guy and I hated the Fed softball mechanic of pointing the ball into play. Mostly, because I forget to do it. I dislike it a little less now that I see there is actually a rule where it makes sense AND covers my backside.