View Single Post
Old Mon May 11, 2015, 12:51pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
Part of that, as I've been told, is that the coaches want to know exactly what they'll be getting at the tournament and to be properly prepared for it. There was one coach that want's his league to do whatever the state does for post-season. He doesn't care either way, just that it matches.

His motivation was that he doesn't want the change in officials to alter the balance between the teams....that it will make some "illegal" plays more or less likely to be caught against him or his opponents. Some coaches design plays to set marginal screens away from the officials knowing they will not likely be caught in 2-person. With 3-person, he'll have to take some of those out of his playbook for league play and his team will not be comfortable with running them in the playoffs where the other team, whose league may have used to 2 person, may have such plays.
A big worry when I'm doing 2-man (which I do a lot) is that we're going to get a competitive matchup up high with the ball and a competitive matchup in the strong side post while some kid is going to lose teeth or get concussed on a bad stagger or flare screen somewhere high or in the deep corner on the weakside. That my crew is just going to miss.

Me: Thanks, but why the big rush.

Coach: Oh I thought you must have a big date . . .we're not the only ones your planning on F$%&ing tonite are we!