View Single Post
Old Sun Apr 12, 2015, 10:17pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
Both should have been blocks. And I am talking about which official had the best look at the contact based on being able to see between the 2 players and judging the defense's movement prior to contact. In both cases the Trail has the best angle on the play, while the Leads is stacked.
I disagree on this play...I think the lead has just as good a look on the play as the trail would...but with the added benefit of being able to pick up the secondary defender a lot earlier than the trail...plus the trail still has the primary defender to worry about on this play.

As to the actual call on the play...correct call is a block...so the trail had the correct call. But mechanically speaking, this is the lead's call all the way and he should have the primary whistle and signal on the play. Even if the trail wants to put a whistle on the play, HE has to be the one to withhold a preliminary.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.