View Single Post
Old Fri Apr 10, 2015, 05:21pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherdreams View Post
You had to make me go and do the math didn't you.

Roughly 22% of NBA is international players (non USA).

The three countries you asked about account for 11 players in the league of which there are 2 - 2 time allstars and 1 5 time allstar.

I don't think 5 less seconds requires you to be more skilled, but 11 less seconds and fewer timeouts and the ability to only called them on dead balls not interrupt play would all combine to make players need to be able to make more plays and more shots. It would also require coaches to make players who can make decision and create vs run stuff.
And what does any of this prove? The best players in the NBA are not international players. And I would suspect that just like in the case of those international players, they were also developed by their teams to run the offenses or to defend the way they wish.

And again, the rules changes are not going to prevent someone from learning how to better dribble, shoot, pass or defend.

Most of the contact rules are the same (until you get in the post) and the NCAA brought back the 3 point line (scoring is at a low) a few years ago. Some want to open up the lane, which I see little or no benefit for that when you cannot shoot any better or have no diversity to your game. And that also does not help if the coaches want to run clock or run their their sets multiple times.

Peace