View Single Post
Old Wed Apr 08, 2015, 08:00pm
Do not give a damn!!

Well most people that get into this do not stick around long anyway. But if they get to the 5 year mark, then if they are given an opportunity to make more money or to get better opportunities, they take advantage of it. It might actually keep them in the game. And since there are so few women in the first place, they are often not going to stay working high school for less and considerably less money. Money might not be everything but it is a motivation in other aspects of life. And when they will give you a shot to work college playoffs as well and even a reasonable opportunity to work the D1 level, high school is not going to be a priority for very much longer. We have male officials that get their college opportunities and soon the high school level takes a back seat. Not sure why that would be unusual or anything hard to understand.

I belong to one of my associations and we might have 5 female member out of 200 or more. I can tell you that almost all of them work college ball. And I know more women who if they work a high school game, it is only as a favor or to fill out a hole in their schedule.

Peace