View Single Post
Old Fri Apr 03, 2015, 03:58pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refk View Post
I'm from Mo as well..

Just checked mine ..................dang , I should only do sub Varsity ball

Makes one wonder .....

I have equal number of ratings for "Needs Improvement" as I have for "Exceeds Expectations" for Consistency .

Oh well,,,,,,
This is why I wouldn't care how a coach rated me, even in terms of communication...

In one game, you could spend time explaining legitimate questions to a coach that asks respectfully. In the same game, the other coach may be yelling and pleading for calls from the tip. You tell him he has said enough and needs to stop. Ratings? One coach is going to say you were a great communicator and answered his questions thoroughly. The other is going to say you are a poor communicator.

Add to that the fact that some high school officials are in this for the wrong reason so you get one guy who was buddy-buddy with the coach and now you are taking care of business. Odds are his communication ratings are high and yours are low. In reality, you may be the better official.

At the college level, this is a little different because the baseline should be more consistent. Therefore, if I'm told I'm a poor communicator by a college assignor, I'd take steps to improve. High School? Not so much.