View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 23, 2015, 06:31pm
In Time Out

did your team lose?

But yeah it can be an issue. Sometimes you have refs new to each other working together for the first time. I know this team that plays aggressive D, they made it to their state regional final here in California. The refs called a tighter game than they were used to with their local county refs. The other team which doesn't play as aggressive as them had a much easier way. I thought the refs were fine but it did impact the game negatively for the team that wasn't used to a game being more tightly called. They didn't adjust as well.

Also, I may get criticized for this but I really think refs should know and recognize the star players. I'm not saying to favor them like the NBA does. But... there was this high profile game here, with 4 or 5 division 1 NCAA players. I thought the game was well-officiated for the most part, but I thought there were a few touch fouls that did not need to be called at all. Or give them warnings. If you had then fine, I'm ok with the foul. But if it is one of the star players, and it is a touch foul that isn't impacting play, then you know what, just pass on it. A couple of fouls that I thought could have easily been passed on were given to one of the team's best player and it hurt his team. These star players are usually top talents and they know what they are doing. if it is so minor and can be let go, then do it.

Last edited by mutantducky; Mon Mar 23, 2015 at 06:45pm.