View Single Post
Old Sat Mar 21, 2015, 03:13pm
Official Forum Member

Cincinnati vs Kentucky Contact Dead Ball Technical Foul (Video)

Regarding an earlier discussion on the merits that the exact same standards of a(n) intentional/flagrant technical foul (dead ball contact) must mean the exact physical requirements for a(n) intentional/flagrant personal foul (live ball contact)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
That is merely your opinion. You have nothing written in the rules to support your personal stance that there is a difference between live and dead ball intentional/excessive contact.
Furthermore, my opinion is that you are incorrect. The standard is the same by rule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by APG View Post
Nothing I said is not supported by rule...I just stated the real world expectation/interpretation. Contact being ignored unless it's intentional or flagrant almost always deals with deciding whether to T or ignore contact that occurs at or near the time the ball becomes dead.

Watch any college game where there's a dead ball contact T...I guarantee you that a good percentage of those plays, the contact, if it would have occurred during a live ball would NOT be called a FF1...but they would be backed up by rule and their supervisors cause the contact was excessive for the situation...even if it wouldn't be for a live ball.

Cincinnati vs UK

Contact dead ball T...perfect example of contact that would be a common foul during live ball play....but called a T during a dead ball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
You beat me to it. Per Nevada's interpretation, this should be ignored in both NFHS and NCAA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
Can't wait to see that video.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
It was basically a shoulder bump while crossing paths.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.