View Single Post
Old Sat Mar 21, 2015, 08:06am
Official Forum Member

Not a huge fan of this T.

I get that if the officials felt like it was directed at them or they legitmately felt like there was an unsporting act I can support that. I just wouldn't call one here.

I just don't feel like thats a chair throw. I also don't think that we are dealing with kids here. Everyone in the huddle is an adult that is choosing to be there. If you don't want/like or feel maligned but demonstrative displays of emotion but the man in charge you've had ample time to leave prior to tonight. Not saying that validates all behaviour but I'm not concerned with chair tipping hurting the feelings of the other adults involved.

Complicating factors for me:

- The Timeout is in the middle of the floor to start with. So if a water bottle gets kicked or a clip board slammed its going to be much nearer the officials regardless. If the timeouts are going to be allowed to be in the middle of the floor the fact that you are closer to the timeout shouldn't play into how close what is happening in the timeout is good to you.

- You are basically T'ing up alignment. If the Timeout has players or coaches standing behind him. As an official you don't know what is going on. In the games I do i would have never seen the chair as the physical spaces and player alignment would have had the chair stopped at at the feet of a wall of coaches/players before sliding. The fact that a chair can slide out or the timeout is because he's got everyone lined up to see better. If he was emotional but less conscious of getting eye contact with everyone we don't know what has gone on.

That is a lot of "what if" though. Judging the play on its merits, I'm not sure at that level in that moment I'm calling that a T.

Me: Thanks, but why the big rush.

Coach: Oh I thought you must have a big date . . .we're not the only ones your planning on F$%&ing tonite are we!