View Single Post
Old Sun Mar 15, 2015, 05:50pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanV21 View Post
No, coach. A mistake by an official does not give you the right to act like an a-hole, and therefore deserve a technical foul.

Here's a lesson for younger officials... just because you make a mistake, it doesn't make it okay for a coach to act out. I may give him more rope to rant, but my mistake is not his "get out of jail free" card.

As for how to handle the shot clock, I wish I could say. We don't have one in Ohio, so I have no experience with it and couldn't say. Seems to me that one of the official's on the court should have known, and therefore whistled the play dead. But I don't know the rule.

BTW, a mistake made in the book or by the scorer's table can be fixed if an official has definite knowledge that an error was made. I would guess that, in this case, the mistake could be rectified if an official can say for sure that the shot clock would have reached zero.
I may give a little more rope, if I know a mistake was made and can't be fixed.

1. It's not a guarantee.
2. It's only a little more rope. Very little. He still needs to act like an adult.
3. The key is that I have to know a mistake was made or think it's at least likely.
4. See #2.

Without video, I can't say whether the T was deserved, but I've seen enough of these situations where the coach thinks a bad call was made and thinks he can act like a bad-boy 80's male tennis player.