View Single Post
Old Fri Mar 13, 2015, 01:53pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayStateRef View Post
Sorry, but this is not correct. It is end of regulation and Fed rules do allow replay.

This is a H.S. Division 3 state semifinal game (winner of the next game is state champion). D1 has the largest schools; D4 has the smallest.

Let's be real clear about the rules, since few of us work high school games with replays.

TV replay is allowed "during state championship series" (2-2-1 note) to determine if the shot should count. I don't think there was a TV crew (and monitor) available, so while it is allowed by rule, it requires some effort to have everything in place.

While there is nothing spelled out about "state championship series," there is no doubt the semifinal game is part of that series. I think every playoff game qualifies under this rule, since they all are part of the "championship series." But most early round games are played at local high schools with no TV available. Starting with the regional semifinals, games are played at larger arenas (college venues, large high schools and even NBA arenas). But I do not think there has been any replay available since this rule was inserted a few years ago.
I agree with this. Any elimination game leading to the state championship would be in the championship series.