View Single Post
Old Fri Mar 13, 2015, 01:00pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by IUgrad92 View Post
There is absolute confusion as the whistle and wave off were after the ball when through the basket. If he was waving it off from the get go, should we not have been hearing a whistle a little sooner? That is where the confusion comes in. To be honest, I don't think there is much dispute that the ball was out of the shooter's hand when the horn sounds.

And for the record, I've never once said that my method is best or the only way to handle things. It is only how I handle this situation, and that it has been very effective for me. I have only offered up a suggestion, something to consider, maybe try it in a lower level game and make a decision from there, or maybe just disregard it altogether, whatever..... Everyone here is a big person and can make there own decision and judgment on what's best for him/her.

My very first post in this thread said if you are waving off a shot, then you have to wave it off while still in A1's hand, or immediately after the release, not after the ball is through the basket.

But that has absolutely nothing to do with blowing the whistle while a legal try is still in flight. Those whistles always cause confusion in games I've worked.

And I was only stating what my method is and why I do it that way. Your post was only a reference point, and not a personal affront to you.

Last edited by Raymond; Fri Mar 13, 2015 at 01:05pm.