View Single Post
Old Sat Mar 07, 2015, 03:12pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Thanks for sharing paulsonj72. Nice video. Very exciting ending.

In real time, I thought that the shot was good. It took me several times of starting, and stopping, the video to confirm that the shot was good. The red lights on the backboard helped a lot. The horn was difficult to hear, but if I had to just use the horn, I would have also counted the basket.

Is this a state that permits 2-2-1 (A state association may permit game or replay officials to use a replay monitor during state championship series contests to determine if a try for goal at the expiration of time in the fourth quarter or any overtime period (0:00 on the game clock) should be counted, and if so, determine if it is a two or a three point goal)? If so, was there a replay?
I don't think so. This game wasn't technically in the state tournament but section tournament and MN has a history of letting sections run there own tourneys without too much interference from the state. And to my knowledge this was the only Section Championship game to be televised across the state of Minnesota. It was televised by a station in Fargo ND as the market goes in to MN and both schools are in the market. This station usually does a section championship game in MN from Moorhead which is just across the border and is actually part of the metro area. And yes Minnesota does use replay in the state tournament. I believe MN was the 1st state to do so as it was put into the rules in 2006 AFTER the famous Blake Hoffarber seat of his pants shot in 2005.